About Horizontal Carousel Systems
The carousel units consist of a horizontal elliptical guide track supported by columns and attached to the floor or above. The tracks hold heavy-duty industrial carriage/bin trolleys to which wire bins or storage bays are fastened.
Depending on the model, the horizontal carousel system is driven either by a top or bottom drive motor which rotates the bins on the track.
Storage bins are typically constructed of heavy gauge wire shelving to accommodate products in varying depths. The bins hold varying quantities of shelves spaced at 3” increments.
Each bin shelf can be subdivided by totes or partitions in which products or physical media are stored.
How Horizontal Carousel Systems Work
The operator retrieves a stored product by inputting the desired bin/shelf number into the numeric keypad or the part number into an optional device (computer or upgraded keypad).
The requested bin is automatically cycled via the shortest distance to the delivery/workstation to increase operator productivity. Each workstation is designed specifically for the action to be accomplished by the operator.
Options Available for Horizontal Carousel Systems
- Pick to Light & Put to Light Systems
- Batch picks sorting systems
- Double & triple tier systems with lift table for access
- Computerized inventory control & operation
- Conveyor transport with in-line readers for transport of completed picking operations
- Double-ended picking stations
- Automated insertion and extraction systems