Manual High-Density Mobile Shelving Systems
Manual high-density mobile shelving systems have a fixed handle-mounted end panel on one or both ends that the user either pulls or pushes the carriages by to open an aisle in the desired location.
Manual systems are limited to carriage lengths of 8′ or less and carriage groups of 5 or less and are best used in applications where access is infrequent, and the media is relatively light.
Mechanical Assist High-Density Mobile Shelving Systems
Mechanical assist high-density mobile shelving systems have a rotating handle that connects to a drive shaft that moves the carriage through gear reduction technology. Users can exert only 1lb. of effort to move anywhere from 3,000 to 10,000 lbs. of weight.
Main benefits of a mechanical assist system over a manual glide system:
- Ease of carriage movement
- Ability to move 3-4 carriages at a time (depending on weight), while manual systems only allow 1-2 carriages to move at a time.
- Mechanical assist technology allows larger systems with carriage lengths over 50′ and as many carriage groups as needed.
- Aisle safety locks are incorporated to ensure a high level of safety.
Electrical High-Density Mobile Shelving Systems
Electrical high-density mobile shelving systems eliminate rotating handles and replace them with an electric motor and push-button operation. Users can move all carriages with one touch of a button, making access to any aisle quick and effortless. Carriage lengths can be over 50′ as with mechanical assist systems.
With electric systems, additional safety features are in place to protect users and content while in use.
Side-by-Side Mobile Systems
Side-by-Side mobile systems are another manual system idea for when long, narrow areas are available. Storage space is optimized by moving the front carriages either right or left to access the back carriages.
A Side-by-Side mobile system can be utilized in medical offices, law firms, and other businesses where large amounts of storage are required, with very little space available.
Media storage options in a high-density mobile shelving system include:
- Files & books
- Archive boxes, office supplies & medical supplies
- Museum artifacts, athletic equipment, police evidence storage, pharmaceuticals, retail store stock & more.